www.flickr.com
Maid Mirawyn's Photos Maid Mirawyn's Photos

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Fans for Christ: Christian Freaks Welcome Here!


New Year's Eve/Day I was at Galactic ConQuest II, a small con put together by Kyle Puttkammer, owner of my favorite comic and games shop. While there, one of the volunteers told be about Fans for Christ, a really great website for "Christian Freaks." I had been looking for just such a group, so I joined just a couple of days later, with the screenname "MaidMirawyn".

Well, I've had a blast. When my husband went out of town one Friday night in January, I found friends online who kept me company until 3 am, when I was way too tired to be lonely anymore.

Basically, we waged war on Jaws using a force of ninja gremlins, llamas in duct tape armor, penguins, gooseberries, tamed trains, and a hippo. And some stray alpacas I found wandering the beach. Oh, and two pygmy komodo dragons with kazoos. Did I mention the aquatic elves?

It seemed to make sense at the time.

But even more, people share what's going on in their lives. We have a prayer section and "God talk", plus arts and music. There are also forums for goths, gamers, RPGers, cosplayers, anime fans, and more.

If you're a Christian freak or just curious, stop on by! All we ask is that you be nice.

No comments: