www.flickr.com
Maid Mirawyn's Photos Maid Mirawyn's Photos

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

So sick of being sick

Every year, I catch a cold and end up with a cough that lasts for months. Literally: I caught a cold about a week after Dragon*Con, and my cough has never gone away. That was early September!

Last week I had a cold, and it lasted a couple of days. But last Wednesday night I lost my voice, and my cough started getting really bad. And that was after the worst of my cold was gone!

At the time, what I really wanted was to get my voice back by tonight. Our church Christmas concert, A Midnight Clear, is Sunday. Tonight is our tech rehearsal; tomorrow is our dress. I really, really wanted to sing.

Now I just want my cough to go away. Forget singing; my cough was so bad yesterday I was sitting on the floor, doubled over. I was coughing too hard to actually do anything.

I can't wait for this medicine to work. At least if I can't sing in the concert I won't have to wear my hideous choir outfit, more commonly known as the "total sparkly mistake."

No comments: