www.flickr.com
Maid Mirawyn's Photos Maid Mirawyn's Photos

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Dangers of Paranoia

Over the weekend, my husband Dorkelf and I got together with some friends (and friends of friends) at Galactic Quest in Lawrenceville to play some Shadowrun. It was lots of fun, even though my character hasn't really done anything useful yet. (She's a dwarf, and a radical eco shaman. I don't think most dwarves would like her, since they're very pro-technology.)

Dorkelf and I were talking about the campaign, and he said it was "almost as dangerous as Paranoia." I disagree; not a single member of our party died during the first session. That should never be the case in Paranoia!

Other things that won't be likely to happen in our Shadowrun campaign:
  • Being killed by the food dispenser before you leave for your mission briefing

  • An exploding medkit wiping out the entire Troubleshooter party

  • Your electric toothbrush going haywire and drilling through your head

  • R&D experimenting with the food vats and killing an entire sector

I really miss playing Paranoia!

No comments: