www.flickr.com
Maid Mirawyn's Photos Maid Mirawyn's Photos

Monday, June 18, 2007

0.000002% of iPods sold!


How did I miss it? The iPod passed the 100 million mark back in April! Woot!

As the proud owner of two iPods, I can claim responsibility for 0.000002% of the total iPods sold! Isn't that great?

Okay, maybe that's not exactly a significant contribution. And I know some people will use the latest milestone as another reason to turn up their noses at iPods: "They're too trendy."

But you know what? I don't care. I didn't pick the iPod because it was trendy or cool or whatever. I'm a fan of the iPod because it's a truly wonderful piece of electronics. It's easy to use, it's beautiful, and it's fun to use. Simply put, Apple created a great product and marketed it wisely...and so people buy it.

My first iPod was purchased for me by my husband the day they released the third gen iPod, though my thirty-first birthday was still a month away. My second iPod (an iPod Photo) I bought right after they released the "iPod with Color Display," because the price of the iPod Photo dropped...even though it was the same thing, but with a bigger, 30 gig hard drive. (Gotta love the masses!)

And I bet I'll upgrade to a video model eventually. But I think I'll wait for the sixth gen. :)

No comments: