www.flickr.com
Maid Mirawyn's Photos Maid Mirawyn's Photos

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A performer? ME?

Apparently, I'm a performer. Yes, I dance. Yes, I'm in the choir. But not that type; this type...


My score on The LONG Scientific Personality Test:


ESFP - The Performer
(You scored 81% I to E, 52% N to S, 28% F to T, and 52% J to P!)



Your type is called the performer, and you very much feel "all the world's a stage". Your type is part of a larger category called experiencers or artisans. You are playful and fun-loving, and wish to help all those around you lighten up. You radiate warmth and optimism. Your motto is "eat, drink, and be merry". You share your type with over 10% of the population. You don't like to be alone - ever, if possible. You are always up on what is new and hot.
As a romantic partner, you are fun and affectionate, leading an active life full of friends. You are naturally happy-go-lucky and supportive of your partner. You dislike confrontation, and will avoid conflict discussion at all costs. You tend to let things go, hoping they go away on their own. You feel most appreciated when your partner is affectionate and acknowledges the good deeds you do, but doesn't make a particularly big deal out of them.

Your group summary: Experiencers (sp)
Your Type Summary: ESFP


The LONG Scientific Personality Test



It's based on the Keirsey Bates MBTI personality test.

So I looked at this, and I thought, "Huh? Are they NUTS? I'm not a performer! I get stage fright! I don't like being in the spotlight, most of the time."

But then I read a little further. I am rather playful, and quite cheerful. I think I'm warm and optimistic, sure. I'm not the "eat, drink, and be merry" type, exactly. I believe in the value of an optimistic outlook, grounded in realism, and taking advantage of opportunities. But the whole "eat, drink, and be merry" thing usually carries a connotation of hedonism, and that is so not me. (Though I do love food...)

I love being around people, too, or at least talking to them. (TeamSpeak, anyone?) But new and hot? Not interested, really.

Fun and affectionate, active, avoid conflict...that's me. And "not a big deal?" Oh yeah, all me.

Weird how something can sound like one thing, but mean something totally different!

No comments: