www.flickr.com
Maid Mirawyn's Photos Maid Mirawyn's Photos

Thursday, July 28, 2005

New art goodies

While in Chattanooga, I visited a small stamp & scrap convention. I am so glad I went! I found the most amazing, beautiful product: metallic powder gouache! It can be mixed in with other water-soluble media, especially watercolors, to add a bit of shimmer and sparkle. But it is most amazing when used straight: mixed with water, it creates a lush, creamy metallic paint! (It looks like liquid metal when wet.)

I purchased mine from Cherry Pie Art Stamps. The owner, Marina, is very nice. I'm going to ask if I can post a photo or two of her work with it. Until then, here's the link to a card from her gallery that uses it. (It's the gold border, and the gold speckling.)

I can't wait to play with it myself! Eventually, I'll create something I'm proud of, and then I will upload some scans.

Cherry Pie also has beautiful, mostly Old World-European rubber stamps. Unfortunately, I spent all my money on the paint, some Twinkling H2Os, and a couple of tools, so the stamps will have to wait.

Xandria

No comments: